We are currently working in connection with our highly successful and award-winning Client to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based in Newry. Full-time, permanent position with a negotiable salary depending on experience.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work with the Quantity Surveyor Manager under the direction of the Commercial Director in the management of the progress of contracts, to ensure cost control is maintained and value for money is achieved.
Main duties include:
- Preparation and management of project budgets and allowances
- Commercial control of subcontract packages
- Preparation of interim applications for payment
- Valuation and agreement of variations
- Preparation of internal reports, including CVRs and Project progress reports
- Preparation of external stakeholder’s commercial reports
- Reviewing and evaluating contracts to identify key risks
- Identification of labour, material requirements, sourcing and obtaining quotations
- Liaising with purchasing / buying for specialist providers
- Reporting on project profitability and cash flow
- Preparation and agreement of final accounts expediently after works completion
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of staff
- BSc in quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post qualification experience working as a Contractor’s QS
- Commercial awareness and the ability to independently deal with complex projects
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Health insurance plan
- Life insurance plan
- Ongoing training courses for career progression
- International travel opportunities
- Various other employee perks
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading company which places a strong emphasis on the investment of their people. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career, whilst adding value to a highly motivated and results driven team.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 9023 4324.