We are currently working in connection with our Public Sector Client to recruit an Environmental Health Officer for the Newry area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week at a rate of £15.50 per hour.
The post holder will be required to undertake inspections of commercial and domestic premises, investigate complaints and accidents, enforce relevant statutory provisions, and provide advice and make recommendation to relevant parties.
Main duties include:
- Undertake visits, inspections, investigations and initiate appropriate follow up action, including the servicing of notices and issuing of permits, licences and approvals
- Investigate and resolve complaints, and process enquiries within the specific designated functional area of responsibility
- Conduct sampling programmes and surveys, to include interpreting and analysing results to ensure appropriate action is taken
- Assess and make comment on Planning and Building Control applications and consultations, to include providing professional/technical advice and guidance in respect of such consultations on the proposed design and layout of facilities and potential adverse environmental impacts
- Produce written reports and business cases as required and attend necessary meetings
- Assist in the departmental response to incidents requiring response and emergencies, both within and out with normal office hours
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health & Registration with EHRB or equivalent
- Previous experience in the enforcement of environmental health legislation
- At least one years’ experience as a practicing Environmental Health Officer
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 9023 4324.