Due to considerable increased workload we are recruiting for an ICT Business Partner with immediate effect. As a member of the Finance & IT Unit the post holder will be required to:
To assist in the development and maintenance of a cost effective and efficient IT Service.
Assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably determined by the Assistant Manager – ICT Support Services and the IT Manager to address changing business needs and priorities.
- Day-to-day management of the computer servers and LAN and WAN network as required, with systems administrator responsibilities for the computer systems including systems performance, and anti-virus protection, and minimising network/user downtime.
- Provide application support, assistance and device support on a daily basis to all staff and elected members on an ongoing basis, including provision of device support at council meetings as required. Support provided in conjunction with an external help-desk service provider, using various tools for investigation and resolution, to ensure business critical systems remain operational.
- Liaise with system suppliers on technical issues, and as required, raising issues with suppliers on behalf of users.
- Install and configure desktop operating systems and applications using suitable deployment tools, including the roll-out of updates and new software applications as required.
- Ensure non-desktop hardware (laptops, tablets, smartphones) is configured to integrate fully with existing council systems.
- Create, review and update documentation to assist with the resolution of incidents and provide concise and accurate documentation on the operation of systems and assist with the transfer of knowledge within the IT Section.
- Maintenance of a database of IT hardware and software details including IP addresses, encryption, Council Members login details, record of IT orders for all hardware and software purchases.
- Attend training courses and seminars as required and keeping up-to-date with relevant technical developments.
- Provide information to assist in the development and co-ordination.
- Assist the IT Manager through the Assistant Manager – ICT Support services in ensuring the Client's compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- Assist in the design and implementation of hardware and software specification documentation from tender/quotation through to delivery and installation.
- Implement suitable security and backup procedures to ensure the security of hardware and software for all users including provision of a Disaster Recovery Support Service.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Client Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that quality standards, work instructions and records agreed by Client are followed and maintained.
- It is ESSENTIAL that applicants have a minimum of:
- Third level degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar work environment
- Where the stated qualifications are not met in 1 above a minimum of six years relevant experience as outlined above.