General Accountant required for our Clients Derry/Londonderry based business. 37.5 hours per week, £25,000 - £35,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of transactional activities spanning different areas of the Finance & Accounting function.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Ensure completeness, appropriate approval, and accuracy of general ledger transactions
- Be responsible for month end Income Statement and Balance Sheet submissions
- Develop and provide meaningful financial and operational performance metrics and trend reports
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting processes including; manging the assets under construction, Fixed Asset Register and depreciation
- Oversee the preparation of VAT, Intrastat, PAYE, NIC and other returns and payments in an accurate and timely fashion
- Contribute ideas to existing processes across all functional areas in order to attain best in class processes and to gain efficiencies and reduce risk
- Provide training to Junior Accounting personnel
- Prepare analysis and ad-hoc reports as requested
- CIMA qualified
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Results orientated and focused on the improvement of business results
- Functional competence
The General accountant role will be a full-time, permanent position, consisting of 37.5 hours per week and a salary of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us today on 028 9023 4324.