Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
To assist with the provision of an effective and efficient Communications and Marketing service across the Council and the full suite of Communications and Marketing functions.
To contribute as an integral member of the Communications and Marketing Section, as well as across departments and services, to develop and deliver effective and innovative external and internal Communications and Marketing strategies which supports the Council’s vision, values and strategic direction; and supports the Corporate, Directorate and Service business plans of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
To plan, manage and evaluate targeted Communications and Marketing campaigns to increase awareness and promote a positive image of all Council priorities, policies, services and events in the local, regional, national, professional and trade media.
• Brand Management and Corporate Identity
• Internal and External Communications
• Marketing and Campaigns
• Media Relations and PR
• Website and Digital Communications
Applicants must have a degree level qualification in a relevant discipline ie Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital or Visual Communications.
At least two year’s practical experience working in a communications role within a corporate environment responsible for:
• Brand Management
• Managing the production of quality materials for print and online channels
• Developing and implementing integrated communications and marketing campaigns
• Managing media relations • Developing and managing at least one online platform
• Working closely with external suppliers (eg graphic design agencies, advertising agencies etc)
• Delivering projects on time and within budget.