Are you an experienced HR and administration professional? Are you accustomed to managing salaries, supporting recruitment, HR queries and record maintenance? Continue reading for more information about this exciting role.
We are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our well-established and respected Third Sector Client for an HR & Payroll Senior Practioner with immediate effect.
- Support and Supervision of administration staff – including appraisal & supervision
- To assist the CSSM with HR related queries promptly and accurately
- To update and maintain HR administration and personnel files including staff records
- To co-ordinate all recruitment processes in conjunction with the management team
- To act as administrator for the PAMS HR system, including a role as monitoring officer for the annual Fair Employment return
- To deal with all enquiries relating to Annual leave; Training requests; E-recruit within the PAMS system
- To conduct reference checks and Access NI checks on preferred candidates and set alerts for rechecking to ensure checks remain valid
- To provide administrative support in investigations for disciplinary/grievance; attending meetings and taking minutes as required and preparing reports
- To develop and review HR policies and communicate to staff groups
- To co-ordinate annual leave process and monitor entitlement
- To provide induction for new staff ensuring that new staff/staff have the equipment required i.e., Laptop/Mobile Phone/Security Key and ensure the Asset ID Register is kept up to date.
- To process Monthly Salaries on sage payroll, including payment to the pension provider, HMRC, PAYE, and GAYE – liaising with HR/Central Support Services Manager monthly for any changes, keeping records of same for audit purposes.
- To provide relevant information to Central Services Support Manager for budgeting
- To provide relevant information to the Pension Broker when required
- Any other relevant duties as required by line management
- CIPD Qualified Level 5 or above
- Over 2 years experience of Processing Salaries on Sage 50 Payroll
- At least 2 years experience of supervision and support of staff
- Over 2 years experience of working in a generalist Human Resources role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and databases
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience of working to a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise work and work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- Knowledge of the charity/voluntary sector
- Experience of PAMS HR System
Remuneration and conditions of employment:
- Salary: Grade 5 (£30,451 - £34,728)
- Hours: 35 hours per week – Flexibility will be required to cover events outside normal working hours on occasions.
- Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum plus statutory holidays
- Trade Union: Employees are encouraged to join the Trade Union recognised for the purpose of collective bargaining, which is the Northern Ireland Public Service Alliance (NIPSA).
- Pension: Our Client operates a Group Personal Pension Scheme with up to a 9% employer contribution.
- Travel: Appropriate travel allowance is paid for mileage undertaken in connection with work.
If this role didn't align with your skillset, Lynn Recruitment has a broad range of career opportunities to choose from. Get in touch via our website or call us to find out more.
Lynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and adheres to all current employment legislation. Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.