We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor in Newry. This is a full time / permanent role with a well-established business who has considerable experience in Civil Engineering & Groundworks. The role will be Monday - Friday with a competitive salary.
- Full contract administration from inception to completion
- Agreement of interim valuations and final accounts including admeasurements and compensation events
- Preparation of documents for adjudication and discussions with legal advisors
- Cost and productivity reporting, financial forecasts, programming of works and liaison with clients, commercial manager and directors.
- Allocation and recording of site resources, checking time-sheets, plant returns and bonus payments.
- Surveying of Groundworks Engineering Projects
- Production and management of accurate valuations, including subcontract enquiries, cost monitoring and preparation of valuation and final accounts.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Working closely with clients, commercial and contract delivery teams.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Groundworks Experience – Essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Methodical style of working
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent team working ethic
You will be working on schemes of substantial value in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering Substation Design & Build CHP Design & Build Environmental Improvements & Regeneration Groundwork's
- Bulk Excavations & Drainage Hard & Soft Landscaping Reinforced Concrete Works & Formwork Car Parks, Roads, Footpaths & Cycle Paths Associated Demolition
For more information on this role, please call us on 02890234324.