Lynn Recruitment are working closely with their long term client to recruit a number of HGV Drivers in the Mid Ulster area.
This is an excellent opportunity to help out within the current pandemic, ensuring the local environment and communities are maintained to the highest standard.
The successful candidates will drive a range of vehicles within Cleansing Services and to complete a range of vehicle checks as required.
- Work as team leader ensuring the collection and removal of recyclables, household, industrial and commercial waste, including bulky items from various locations.
- Carry out street cleaning duties throughout the District.
- Provide flexible and effective cover across a range of Client’s services delivered by the Cleansing Section
- Applicants must hold a valid Category C driving licence and have a valid up-to-date Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Driver Card.
- Applicants must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Driver card.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are able to read and understand written instructions.
- Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 1 year’s relevant experience in the following areas:
- Driving a Category C Vehicle on a public highway;
- Manual work and keeping simple records.
- Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 6 months’ relevant experience in the following areas:
- Working as part of a refuse collection/cleansing team or have operated a refuse collection vehicle/mechanical sweeper;
- Working to a set daily schedule/plan e.g. collection round.