We have an excellent opportunity for a CAD Technician to take up a new position with our prestigious Client in January 2021. The successful candidate will have a City and Guilds Level 2 qualification in Computer Aided Design 2D, or an equivalent qualification which you will demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in each of the following two areas: Producing simple CAD plans whilst working in a team environment.
Special skills and attributes:
- You will provide personal and specific examples, evidence of the following special skills and attributes which may be tested at interview:
Technical knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out data quality audits; use Geographical Information Systems tools and computer assisted report writing tools.
Information technology skills:
- A high level of computer literacy and the ability to use specialist software and generic software packages.
- Customer care skills: the ability to deal effectively with the general public and an awareness of the importance of responding to the needs of customers.
CAD Technician (Building Control):
- Work planning and organisational skills: the ability to plan and prioritise demanding workloads to ensure that tasks are completed within appropriate timescales, ensuring constant flow of work.
- Written communication skills: the ability to compile quantitative and qualitative
- information and to write reports in clear and simple language.
- Oral communication skills: the ability to deal professionally at all levels with customers and potential customers.
- Team working skills: the ability to demonstrate a track record of effective team working, possessing sound leadership qualities along with the ability to integrate work across different groups.
- In addition to the above qualifications and experience, we reserves the right to shortlist only those applicants who;
- In the first instance, have at least five GCSEs (grades A-C) including English, or equivalent qualifications; and,
- In the second instance, have an additional qualification in a construction related discipline such as City and Guilds Level 3 in Computer Aided Design 2D; HNC Building; or NVQ Level 4 in Construction, or an equivalent qualification or have at least two years’ relevant experience in each of the two areas, as outlined above.