Reporting to the Senior Project Manager the IT Support Technician will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and disposal of IT equipment, software and assist users with accessing and utilising Microsoft 365 applications services and platform in particular MS teams services across windows 10, 8 desktops, android and IOS mobile devices including personal and corporately owned equipment in line with standards and polices of the organisation.
- Provide general computer support and advice to staff with emphasis on Microsoft 365
- Provide first-line support service, for the diagnosis and resolution of IT related queries and
- problems, to all levels of staff.
- Diagnose and rectify faults and problems with accessing Microsoft services or apps, Virtual
- video and conferencing equipment. Liaise with project team and external suppliers, where
- necessary, to ensure prompt fault resolution.
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and disposal of IT equipment,
- software where appropriate
- Assist users with access to Microsoft 365 across desktop and mobile devices including
- windows, android and IOS
- Provide specialist technical advice, information and assistance to users to resolve problems
- and to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Ensure that IT security, physical security and data confidentiality are maintained to a high
- Assist with the development and maintenance of IT documentation relating to deployed
- systems, for example systems specifications, user documentation
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which are appropriate to the post and may be
- reasonably requested by the supervisor
- Academic and/or vocational qualifications i.e. HND/HNC and/or NVQ level 4 in relevant
- subject (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 1 years relevant experience to include experience in each of the following:
- Experience of supporting customers using PCs and mobile devices, running Microsoft
- Windows, and Apple hardware and operating systems in a networked environment
- including the installation of operating systems and applications software
- Experience in troubleshooting a range of hardware and software problems.
- Experience in the support of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook and MS
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of a range of computing systems, hardware and
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant systems equipment and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a range of staff.
- Ability to plan own work to meet deadlines and address priorities.
- Evidence of well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills in order to establish
- effective working relationships.
- Must be able to work in a team, but also be able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise and organise individual workload to ensure the effective and efficient
- achievement of individual and organisational goals.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant subject.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Experience of Active Directory