Working closely with our prestigious Client we are recruiting for a Solicitor with immediate effect.
- Based in Magharafelt; the appointed solicitor will be responsible to the Client’s Solicitor and/or the Chief Executive’s Office for the provision of a comprehensive legal service, advice and advocacy to the Client in relation to an assigned caseload. The caseload will primarily be in relation to land and commercial property matters and regulatory matters but will include other matters across the Client’s wide range of functional responsibilities.
- Carry out professional duties as a qualified solicitor in connection with an assigned caseload primarily relating to the matters set out below.
- Be responsible for all of the Client’s general and complex commercial property and land matters including the negotiating, drafting and settling of documents in relation to conveyances, leases and licences.
- Advise and assist with all other commercial property and land related matters including the registration of the Client’s title and resolution of title problems, complex commercial development agreements, Section 76 planning agreement, maintenance agreements, rent reviews, lease renewals, development and maintenance of property registers, compulsory acquisition of property, funding applications, encroachment and the defence of adverse possession claims.
- Provide accurate and timely legal advice on matters relating to the functions and exercise of the powers and duties of Client’s including the interpretation of legislation, leases, licences along with other agreements that may have entered into with other parties and the requirements of administrative law to Officers of the Client and other bodies and to draft reports and attend before committee in connection with related matters as required.
- Undertake the initiation and defence of litigation arising from property transactions (and other civil and criminal matters as directed) and to appear as an advocate for the Client before Civil and Criminal Courts, Inquiries, Tribunals etc.
- You must be a qualified Solicitor who is entitled to practise in Northern Ireland and hold a current practicing certificate;
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Law;
- Provide personal and specific examples at least three years’ post qualification relevant experience in the following areas:
- Advising on the interpretation of legislative provisions, good governance and administrative and public law, including representing clients in relation to public law challenges and regulatory matters;
- Providing comprehensive legal advice and guidance to clients on all manner of complex commercial property and land transactions to protect the client’s interests;
- In addition to the standard pre-employment checks, this position will also be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Access (NI) check.