Working closely with and supporting our established Client, we are recruitng for a fully qualified Electrician with immediate effect. Reporting to the Building and Construction Maintenance Officer, the successful candidate will:
- Work unsupervised or as part of a team, the post holder will carry out a full range of electrical work, internal and external, efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out a full range of electrician’s duties as required by the Council and assigned to the postholder by his/her supervisor.
- Carry out electrical installation work and without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner, in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IEE Regulations for Electrical Installations and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
- Be responsible for reading technical drawings, evaluating jobs, selecting materials and completing tasks to timescales; and also liaising with appropriate staff/contractors in relation to work being undertaken.
- Drive and be responsible for assigned vehicle, including carrying out vehicle checks requiring routine maintenance (for example oil and water checks) and the cleaning of vehicle, transporting goods, equipment and personnel.
- Be responsible for the general safety on site of work colleagues, and members of the public; and supervision of operatives on site, including working at heights, using elevated platforms and wearing of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Respond quickly to emergency maintenance call out as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Undertake work on commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as amended); Acts of Parliament; Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements; and all Council Policies and Procedures including Dignity at Work, Health and Safety, Attendance and all relevant Codes of Conduct.
- Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and promote the positive reputation of our Client
- Lead by example by behaving at all times in accordance with the Council’s values and
- promote same within the organisation and externally.
- Undertake all aspects of work respecting confidentiality and ensure that personal and/or sensitive information under the control or access of the postholder is used, stored and maintained in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.
- Contribute to Corporate, Departmental and Regional working groups as required.
- Actively participate in employee relations matters including undertaking investigations and chairing hearings relating to employment matters as required (e.g. discipline, grievance & harassment) and make decisions regarding appropriate outcomes with support from HR and in compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Participate in the Client’s Recruitment and Selection processes as a panel member, including assisting the panel with development of person specification, identifying
- selection methods and adhering to advice given regarding current employment legislation and codes of practice.
- When required, assist in the execution of the Clients’s Emergency and Business
- Promote diversity across the organisation and in the Department by adhering to the Client’s Equal Opportunity policies and procedures and avoiding all forms of discrimination both as an employer and a service provider.
- Employees/Applicants must be capable of undertaking the duties and responsibilities as set out in the Job Description and fulfil the requirements of this Person Specification; which will be assessed through the appointment process.
- Employees/Applicants must be suitably qualified and experienced, be able to meet the criteria set out in this Person Specification and demonstrate they possess the key competencies for the position at Font Line Level.
- City & Guilds 2380/2381/2382 IEE Wiring Regulations qualification (17th Edition).
- City & Guilds 2391 examination: Inspection, Testing, Design and Certification of Electrical Installations.
- Current ordinary driving licence (Category B)
- JIB Approved Electrician.
- IPAF licence for working at heights.
- Electrotechnical Certificate Scheme Gold Card (Electrical CSR Card)