Working closely with our prestigous Client we are assisting with sourcing a Principle Auditor.
The successful applicant will provide a modern, effective internal audit, governance and risk management service through provision of an excellent assurance and advisory service.
- Assist the Head of Audit and Risk and the relevant managers in achieving the overall aims and objectives of the service as set out in its Strategy and Plan by ensuring completion of work to agreed quality, time and budget targets.
- Undertake planned internal audit assignments using the risk-based audit approach/appropriate audit techniques/methodologies.
- Access control environments/assurance frameworks by interviewing relevant personnel
- Challenging and verifying information obtained
- Evaluating risk and controls
- Drawing conclusions
- Documenting and reporting findings
- Recommending and agreeing actions with management.
It is essential that you have a minimum of:
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, Membership of a professional body affiliated to Consultative
- Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) or be a fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors.
A minimum of one years’ relevant post qualification experience in each of the following three areas:
- Undertaking planned internal audit assignments using appropriate audit techniques and methodologies.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to management on audit, risk and governance matters; and Effective planning and project management skills
- Undertaking unplanned assignments including investigations or consultancy work relating to audit, risk, control and governance matters.
Knowledge & Skills
The following behavioural competencies have been designated as essential behaviours that should be demonstrated in order to successfully perform this role. These behaviours will be assessed during the selection process. Applicants should refer to the attached competency guide:
Behavioural Competencies (Strategic Level)
- These competencies are the top competencies from the Local Government Competency Framework which have been prioritised for effective performance in this role.
- How We Provide Leadership and Direction
- Setting Direction
- Contributes to the development of a strategy and conveys a clear vision led by being innovative ambitious and proactive
- How We Manage Ourselves
- Communicates With Impact
- Presents a positive image by communicating effectively, being resilient and treating people fairly.
- How We Work With Others
- Collaborating in a Political Environment – Develops and manages effective networks by establishing common ground.
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Establishes the needs of customers and strives to ensure that these are met.
- How We Move Forward
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Gathers information from a range of sources. Analyses information to identify problems and issues. Makes effective decisions and recommendations based on resolution agreement within an environment of trust, mutual respect and cooperation.
- Achieving Results
- Takes personal responsibility for making things happen.
- Shows motivation and perseverance in overcoming obstacles and achieving results
- Continuously Improving Services
- Seeks to continually improve the services and processes that impact on users.