We are working closely with our long term well established Client to recruit a Temporary Payroll Administrator with immediate effect.
The successful candidate will be required to work from home, meeting the Team via Zoom and accessing the Server remotely.
As a senior member of the payroll team the you will be responsible for assisting in complex issues relating to HMRC and pensions whilst administering and processing payroll for our service users ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is actioned properly; all staff are paid correctly; that appropriate and accurate information is provided to the Payroll Service Manager, service users and appropriate statutory bodies.
- Assist with the administration of government schemes relating to Covid-19.
- Ensure compliance with The Pension Regulator in completion of declaration duties and pension re-enrolment
- Assist with queries associated with HMRC, pensions and other payroll issues
- Work as part of the payroll team undertaking administrative, advisory and payroll duties to ensure that processes and systems are completed to a high standard
- Ensure that all payrolls are processed within the required time frame and to liaise with other teams on matters relating to payroll
- Ensure that all pension administration, including Auto Enrolment processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- Keep up to date with regulations relating to employment and pension issues
- Ensure that service user’s records are accurate and up to date and that all requirements and procedures relating to their payrolls are being followed
- Reconcile service users’ payrolls ensuring that all new joiners are added to the payroll, leavers removed at the correct time and all payroll instructions are actioned in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all FPS and EPS returns are made to HMRC and pension providers in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out other duties considered mutually reasonable by the post-holder and line manager.
- This job description is intended to give a general outline of the main duties of the post.
- A recognised payroll, accountancy or proven equivalent qualification or 3 years’ experience.
- A track record in a finance or payroll post including the use of a computerised payroll system involving all aspects of payroll
- A knowledge of payroll systems, taxation / national insurance rules Experience in administration of auto-enrolment will be an advantage
- Experience of operating a payroll within a payroll bureau environment will be an advantage
Personal Attributes and Skills
- The successful candidate should have following personal qualities or skills:
- IT proficiency in the basic functions of MS Word and experience in using MS Excel at intermediate level and ability to use and adapt quickly to new technology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which are applicable to a range of colleagues and service users
- Good analytical and numeracy skills Exemplary customer service skills and a team player
- Able to work flexibly and work necessary hours to meet the demands of the position
- Able to process a high volume of detailed work in a short time frame
- Accuracy and an eye for detail, with a meticulous, systematic approach to problem solving
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
- A positive and good humoured nature Commitment to equal opportunities and Client ethos Summary terms of appointment Contract Type
- This is a temporary full-time position for 6 months.
- Location Currently working remotely from home.