We are currently working in connection with our client to recruit a Sous Chef in a hotel in the greater Belfast area. This is a permanent; full time role, consisting of 40 hours per week, with an annual salary between £22,000-25,000.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- 2+ years exeperience
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 9023 4324.