Lynn Recruitment are working in connection with our public sector client to appoint a Project Manager for Lisburn area. This is a part time, temporary opportunity consisting of 24 hours per week.
The Post Holder is responsible to the Head of Service for Waste Management and Operations for the effective and efficient accomplishment of project objectives associated with implementation of new kerbside waste & recycling collection services within the by planning project activities, identifying resource requirements, evaluating implementation and progress of project.
Main Duties Include:
- Manage the planning and prioritisation of work programmes and projects as directed and agreed by the Head of Service to ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out within the specified and agreed time and performance targets.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Head of Service and other Senior Management
- Establish, lead and motivate Project Teams for project delivery, service development, continuous improvement initiatives, information sharing and in the training of staff and others as required. Lead meetings and set expectations with measurable outcomes for project team(s)
- Create, develop and manage project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) ensuring timescales are adhered to, key milestones are met and appropriate cost controls are in place to ensure delivery within budget and targets
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in a business, waste or environmental related discipline.
- Two years’ relevant experience as outlined below:
Experience of project management software tools and applications
Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
Experience in leading the design and implementation of high value projects (in excess of £2m)
Experience in service delivery methodology and transitioning from one to another, particularly in the waste industry
Strong analytical and organisational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability ?
- Competent in using a range of I.T packages relating to the area of work.