** Featured Job **
Project Manager - Newtownards
Vacancy Reference - 17614
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Project Manager to be based in Newtownards. This is a full time temporary ongoing role, Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5:00pm, £13.72 per hour. The following duties will be required -
* To assist the Senior Project Manager to design, manage onsite and co-ordinate Major Adaptations delivery in line with the Occupational Therapists recommendations. To assist the Senior Project Manager in the strategic delivery of an effective regional based Major Adaptations design and delivery.
* Carry out whole house surveys including drainage and site levels to facilitate the construction of Major Adaptations to the specification set out by the Occupational Therapist.
* Develop the required documentation for any statutory approvals in the development of Major Adaptations.
* To ensure Major Adaptations are delivered in accordance with the NIHE's policies and procedures and develop these further on an on-going basis to ensure that legislation and good practice are met.
* Leading on project management of major adaptations construction within agreed timeframes, quality and budget targets with minimum supervision.
* Brief consultants and contractors, negotiate appointments and ensure that the Major Adaptation is delivered on time and within budget in accordance with NIHE Policy and Procedures.
* Drawing up realistic timetables and ensuring projects meet time targets without compromising quality.
* To authorise works instructions within designated approval levels ensuring correct cost centre allocation, priority and appropriateness of works description, including the approval of variations in time and cost where necessary. Authorise invoices for payment.
* Deal with communications with the public including tenants, other professional and voluntary groups, statutory services and elected representatives necessary to the management of the area's stock.
* Be responsible for establishing a pro-active approach to the management of health, safety and welfare and encouraging a positive team culture for addressing health and safety issues
* Undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
Full-Time Temporary 13.72 per hour